Monday, January 5, 2015

Last Email of 2014 Dec. 29

Hello everyone!

Wow, this week has been full of craziness and holiday cheer! It was so great getting to skype with my family on Christmas day! So special to see them and talk with each one of my siblings! Christmas was super great! Our stake does a Christmas Devotional on Christmas Eve so we went with Annaemma, one of our investigators. She loved it! It was really beautiful, a great choir and live manger scene. Then we went to the Bishop's house, the Llancoñanco Family, and had Christmas Dinner... Asado. SO GOOD! We had so many ribs and I almost died and went to heaven. We went home and opened a present from Hermana Christensen's mom, PAJAMAS! And then we just talked until it was time for bed. We woke up the next morning... And Santa Had Come! Haha, just kidding. But we made a dang good breakfast. Probably the best I have eaten my entire mission. French toast with Buttermilk syrup. They had almost none of the ingredients for the buttermilk syrup, but we found quite a few substitutes! Then we did our studies and went to lunch at our ward mission leader's house and skyped with our families! It was a great day! 

Work has been a little rough this week. No one really wanted to let us in and teach them... So we decided to try an alternative. We made them cookies! Everyone was more than happy to let us in when we gave them a bag of cookies and asked if we could share a little scripture. It was a good time to see a lot of less-actives in our ward. We are wokring hard to find so many members who have been lost. Our ward has 600 members... and we have about 85 that go to church. We have a lot of work to do!

But this Sunday was great! Hna. Miryam Valdebenito came to church again! 2 weeks in a row. She is such a sweetheart! She just hugs me all the time and makes me happy. I could not believe how much joy I felt when I saw her walk in the chapel. Really, the love I feel for these people amazes me. Sometimes I am so frustrated when they aren't progressing, or I have a bad day and I'm in a bad mood. But they make me happy! Seeing them doing the things they should and changing their lives for the better was definitely the best Christmas present I couldv'e asked for!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and that this New Year's is fantastic! Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Flake

1. I have more than 5 months in the mission! I found this Felices 5 Meses written on the sidewalk and felt it was for me ;)
2. A less-active young woman in the ward, Myrtha, said I looked like Sid from Ice Age one day... Apparently I was tired..


1. This is Myrtha. She's so darn cute! I think she looks like a Peruvian version of Lilo :) Myrtha is the best!!!
2. Asado (BBQ) at the Bishop's house.. they take food seriously here.
3. Our Christmas Dinner!





1. Christmas Pajamas!! And our Christmas tree, with a duck on top instead of a star... 
2. We helped Carlita find names to take to the temple! Elsa was so excited to find the names of her parents! We had to search for awhile, because Elsa couldn't remember any birthdays or anything. But it was so exciting when we found them!
3. Mi Zona! Estaca Javiera Carrera!





No comments:

Post a Comment