Monday, December 1, 2014

Hermana Christensen November 24, 2014



Hello Everyone!

Well, I got my new companion! Hermana Christensen, she is from Arizona and knows the Shirley's! She is super awesome and happy and great! We get along super well and are working hard together. It is great that we still have Hermana Altamirano with us for 2 1/2 more weeks. This week was kind of super lame... I had to go to the dentist, I got the flu, and was super sick. But it's ok. I am better now! And now we are working like normal. I felt so bad that Hermana Christensen's first few days I was sick. So here's the story of this crazy week:

Tuesday! We got up early and went to the mission office to get Hermana Christensen! I practically freaked out when I found out I would be training a gringa! But that's alright. She is learning Spanish and is trying so hard! She will learn it way fast, I just know it. We had a crazy time getting back to our sector because the metro has been having problems. So the buses were packed and we had all her suitcases. It was craziness. But we got back and went to a lesson and then had our English Class in the church.

Wednesday! I woke up and flossed my teeth, you know, like I am supposed to. And my filling fell out. I had this huge hole in my tooth. I called the mission nurse and she told me I had to go to the dentist. We scheduled an appointment and went. Ok... let's just say I hope I never have to go again. It was one of the sketchiest experiences of my life. I opened my eyes a few times as he was putting a new filling in and I almost passed out. He had pieces of random metal scraps and yeah. Whatever. I am alive now so it's not important. But it cost me a bunch of money so now I am way poor for the month... ugh. But then when we were on the bus coming home I started feeling like I was going to throw up and got this strong fever. I found a seat and slept on the bus for like 45 minutes. When we got home I couldn't move because I was exhausted and the fever was horrible. I slept. and slept. and slept. I ended up sleeping for like 30 hours... It was so great that Hermana Altamirano is still with us! Her and hermana Christensen were able to leave and go to lessons while a member stayed in the apartment with me. It was so lame...

Now I feel a whole lot better and the fever is gone. We went to see a less-active family on Saturday and they all have the flu. I started feeling sick last Monday, the day after we had a lesson in their house. pretty sure they're the reason I was sick. But oh well!

Yesterday was a great day in the chapel! Hermana Christensen shared her first testimony in the ward and did a great job! We had 6 investigators in sacrament meeting! So there is a woman in our ward who is named Sharon. She got pregnant and had her baby and the father of her baby isn't a member of the church. They blessed their baby yesterday in church and the father came, his name is Eduardo. Sharon was talking to us, she is seriously so awesome, and told us that Eduardo wants to hear the lessons from us! We are going to go teach him this week! I love new investigators. 

This week has been one hectic thing after another. But really I have learned so much. It has been hard. The responsibility of training a new missionary is really big. But Hermana Christensen has the desire to be an obedient and fantastic missionary, so I know that we are going to have a lot of success together. I am excited for this coming week!

Today we are having a mini-Thanksgiving in our apartment. We invited some other hermanas to come. We will be having a squash-pumpkin pie (because they don't have real pumpkins here) cranberry sauce (YES! I FOUND CRANBERRY SAUCE) funeral potatoes!!!! (that cost like 40 bucks for all the ingredients...) and some chicken (because turkey doesn't really exist either). It is kind of a lame Thanksgiving, but that's ok! We are excited. My companions are so annoyed with me. I keep singing my family's Thanksgiving song "Gobble, gobble, gobble, Fat Turkey" It makes me so happy!!!! 

Love,
Hermana Flake

Photos:
The trio of El Parque!
Hermana Christensen and I!
Me moving a matress (All by myself) to get the apartment ready for Hermana Christensen!




No comments:

Post a Comment