Monday, December 1, 2014

Another Crazy Week of Sickness

Hello All!

This week has been a bit of a challenge for me. My health has been in a crazy rollercoaster... but I think I have been able to find a solution. So it's all ok!

It all started on Wednesday. I felt pretty crummy. I had the chills, my body ached, and a raging head ache. But I didn't want to say anything to my companions and be a problem. So I just kept going. We went to lunch and then were in the streets walking for about 3 hours. It was blazing hot and my body was slowly dying. We finally got into a house and taught some less active kids. I used their bathroom and almost passed out. But I just kept pushing myself. We went to another less active woman's house and I was just trying to stay awake and not throw up the whole lesson. My companions asked if I was alright and I said Yeah, it's not a big deal. So we kept going. We went to visit an investigator, Bianca, and she looked at me and freaked out. She made us go home because I looked horrible. I went home and slept until the next day. Apparently a crazy lot happened while I was sleeping! Bianca went to mutual and told the whole ward I was on my death bed. People were calling President Wright, people wanted to take me to a hospital, it was craziness! Just so you know, I had like a flu or something, definitely not dying.

The next day we had a Meeting for the New Missionaries. So I took Hermana Christensen and President Wright told me I had to go to the doctor that day. We scheduled an appointment and went to President's house to wait. Blessing in Disguise! It was Thanksgiving! So we got to eat Thanksgiving with President and Hermana Wright in their house! It was crazy. I wish I had felt better and been able to eat more. But hey, I'll take what I can get. I went to the doctor and he said I had a virus and told me to sleep for 2 days.

Now I am better! But life was crazy for this week. The food here is super hard on my stomach. So the mission nurse has a diet that I have to be on. So now I can't eat with the members at all. Kind of a bummer. But I just want to be able to work! It was so lame being stuck in the apartment for 2 days straight. I just wanted to do stuff! But now my body is healed and I am good to go! I have learned so much about patience and prayer this week. Sometimes your body can't do everything you want it to. But I had a lot of time to read my scriptures and understand why this was happening. I realized that I can't be a control freak and do everything perfectly. But that I have to rely on the Lord because His ways are higher than my ways. There is a reason for everything. And somehow, everything works out.

Lo Siento, pretty lame letter this week. I didn't get to work much. It was horrible not getting to see my investigators! OH! But some exciting news! Rodrigo, our recent convert (the husband of Nayibe) was made Elder's Quorum President! It is his first calling and he's been a member for 7 months! Pretty scary right? But he is so awesome. He'll do a fantastic job.

Love,
Hermana Flake

Photo: Last Monday at a birthday party. The last piece of cake I'll get to eat for awhile.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment