Tuesday, August 19, 2014

One Week Left in the CCM!

Hello Everyone!

Life in Chile is still fantastic! The weather is starting to get super warm! Spring is finally coming. The sun is always out and they have turned all of the fountains on around the temple and CCM. It is so beautiful here! 

I have had a super good week! It started out with all of the missionaries going to Santiago North leaving for the mission field! And we got a bunch of Latinos living with us in Alcantara! It is so fun! Hermana Stokes and I have two new roommates. Hna Ponce from Mexico and Hna Alcantara from Peru! They are the sweetest! They help us so much with our Spanish and we teach them things in English. Sometimes we have to do charades to figure out what is going on, but it's alright! We learn so much! On Sunday we taught them how to say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! It was hilarious hearing them pronounce it! We also got new teachers. Hermano Retamal, Hermano Torres, and Hermano Rossi. They are all awesome! 

This Sunday was the first one that was in complete Spanish! It was so difficult. We listened to a MTC Devotional given in June by D Todd Christofferson.. and I did not understand any of it. My mind was in a fog and it was so difficult! But its ok. Because then we had a discussion and I was able to make a few comments. The whole day Presidente Doll kept looking at me. And I stupidly kept making comments.. So I should have known that I would be the first speaker in Sacrament Meeting. I had prepared a pretty good talk. I think. Haha, it was about Faith in Jesus Christ. I just talked about how faith is action, not only belief. I think it turned out pretty well. The Latina Hermanas said I didn't pronounce anything TOO wrong. I was able to share a few experiences which is a huge accomplishment for me! Because preterit and imperfect are super difficult for me! 

This next week is going to be crazy! We are going contacting on Thursday. So it will be me and hermana stokes.. alone! We get to go on the metro and go to a park and just contact people and try to get some referrals! And then on Friday we actually go on splits with missionaries. We aren't sure what mission yet. Probably West or South! It would be cool to see somewhere that Hyrum and Devin were! I am super scared! But it will be so great! One week from today I will be with my mission president and he will be introducing me to my trainer! And then I get to go to my new area and get started on the work! Things are moving so quickly. Life is so great here! I love missionary work and being here! It really is the best thing in the world! I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Flake







No comments:

Post a Comment