Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Eduardo's Baptism

Well this week has been another hectic crazy week! But somehow I am still alive. The most exciting news was that Eduardo was baptized! He is so great! He is 20 years old and his girlfriend is in our ward. He started coming to ward activities around September and then we were finally able to begin teaching him in November. We taught him like two times and then he fell off the face of the earth. We tried calling and seeing him, but he was obviously avoiding us. So we just gave him his space. He showed up to church with his girlfriend in February and came to all 3 hours. In the Gospel Principles class he came up to me and told me he was ready to be baptized. (Sorry if I've already written about this story, can't remember). But we set up a date and it all went off super well! It was such a special time to see him making these covenants. We had his baptism on Friday and then a crazy crazy weekend.
Right now I am here at my mission president's house, President Wright. I have gotten pretty sick out here and so my president wanted me to come be with him and his wife for about two weeks to see if I can heal and be ready to work. So it has been an interesting weekend living with them and see what our president does. It has been pretty neat. I like living in a real house again! It's been so long. I have gotten used to these little apartments here. But the adventures will continue. There is another Hermana who has gotten sick so she came over today and will be with me for a bit of time! Her name is Hermana Rodriguez and she is from Guatemala. I am happy to have the company. President gave me the challenge to memorize all 100 Scripture Mastery's in Spanish by the time I leave. Don't know if my mind is capable of doing that. But I've got the first 3 from the Book of Mormon done! I feel accomplished :) I hope to be a bit better this week and if I am I can go into the mission office and help out in there. It would be a cool opportunity! I am excited for the work that is going forth. I hate that I am not out working everyday.. But I think this break will help me heal up and be ready to work even harder than I could before!
Love you all! Thank you for your prayers and love!
Hermana Flake
1. Eduardo's Baptism!
2. Pastel de Choclo!
3. Hermana Fernanda y Hermana Trincado





No comments:

Post a Comment